Farah Khan follows "Bigg Boss religiously" Saturday, 20 October 2012 16:40

Having heard that Farah Khan will be seen fitting into Malaika Arora Khan’s shoes in Colors’ India’s Got Talent (IGT), we got in touch with this chorographer-actor-host-judge and mother of three to know more about her participation in the show and her other commitments. When asked the reason to be part of the second half of the show instead of being in it from the very beginning, she exclaimed, “I did not have the dates as when I was offered the show, I was into promotions of Shirin Farad Ki Toh Nikal Padi. Soon after, I got busy promoting Joker and then I also had the pre-production of Happy New Year. Hence, I told the channel that I can’t do the show but in spite of all that they wanted me to be a part of it. In fact, they asked me if I would be free by October- end to which I said yes. And they told me that they would figure out someone for the audition rounds. Hence, as assured I joined the show from the semi-finals. In fact, one day when I and Malaika were talking generally, I realised that she was doing the first half and I was doing the second.” So how has it been shooting for IGT so far? “It’s good; I have just shot for one episode and it was good fun. Karan (Johar) is also a part of this show so for us it is like sitting at home and chatting. In fact, I have been following the audition rounds for quite some time and I feel bad of having missed all the stupid acts as they are my favourites (winks),” she averred. Talking about Kirron Kher (co judge) being scared of creepy acts on the show, she observed, “I don’t think Kirron has seen even half of the show as she is behind her pallu. I have seen similar acts in Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega; so I think I am more experienced in watching such acts than her.” Talking about her favourites acts on the show she shared, “There was this group called Ocean Kids. They danced on Ramayan theme and completed their act in three minutes. There was also this opera singer who sang so beautifully that I couldn’t help but cry out.” When asked if she’d like to choreograph some of the dancers on the show, she ended up saying a big no. “They choreograph too well. To compose a dance on Ramayan in a three minute act goes to show how talented they are,” she remarked. Since she has been doing reality shows for a long time now, Farah feels that she deserves to be in the Guinness Book of World Records as she has been a part of 14 reality shows. “Since this is my fourteenth reality show, I feel that I must be in the Guinness Book of World Records.” When asked how she manages to handle three kids and work simultaneously, she quickly replied, “I am the best juggler and that’s my hidden talent. Actually, since I have to shoot just once a week for this show, it suits me completely. But things will be different once I start shooting for my film. At this point of time apart from doing IGT, I am just attending birthday parties. I have 20 birthday parties to attend (laughs).” Talking about her children’s talent, she said, “My son is a superb dancer and he ends up winning a lot of prizes at his friend’s birthday parties. As far as my daughters are concerned, we do not know their talent yet. Yes, they are very poor dancers as they just jump up and down.” Farah has been an avid follower of Bigg Boss 6 as she stated, “I wait for Bigg Boss every season as I follow it religiously. But this time, I am waiting for something interesting to happen in the show. And I do not believe in this parivarik concept. It’s like putting a bhajan instead of an item number in a movie. I will be shooting with Salman (Khan) for a Dabangg 2 song and that is when I will talk to him about the concept.” Gear up to watch Farah on IGT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment